How is San Diego Zoo Global assisting Australia wildlife affected by the fires?
- San Diego Zoo Global-supported researchers are already on the ground in Australia, working to help save Australia's magnificent wildlife.
- We are collecting donations that will provide immediate support to rescue and relocate animals in danger and provide critical access to water for desperate survivors in the wild. Guests can visit endextinction.org/help for more details.
- The San Diego Zoo and the San Diego Zoo Safari Park have matched an amount equal to the monies raised in the day's admissions for Sunday, January 12, 2020, to support San Diego Zoo Global's Australia wildlife relief efforts.
Australian Wildfire Work Update
Why is San Diego Zoo Global donating money to Australia wildlife relief efforts?
- San Diego Zoo Global is an international, nonprofit conservation organization that supports worldwide conservation projects to save species, including the Australia Wildlife Relief Project.
- Our efforts to raise funds to support Australia wildlife relief efforts will be applied to support our experts and partners in the region as they work to prevent extinction of the unique species native to the region.
How can guests help?
- Be a hero for Australian wildlife! Support relief efforts by going to endextinction.org/help.
How will guests' donations/contributions be used?
- Your lifesaving donations/contributions will provide immediate support for search and rescue of injured animals, provide water and food for animals, and address long-term population recovery efforts. San Diego Zoo Global has been working with Australia wildlife organizations for almost 100 years, and we're intensifying our on-the-ground conservation work during this crisis.
Why is donating through San Diego Zoo Global a good way to help?
- San Diego Zoo Global’s research and animal care staff have been working in Australia for several years, have firsthand knowledge of current needs, and are now focusing their efforts on relief and recovery.
- San Diego Zoo Global is taking a considered and scientific approach to addressing immediate and long-term needs, and gathering accurate information to communicate about our efforts and plans to provide aid and expertise in this critical situation.