Self-guided Field Trips
Now accepting reservations for the 2017-2018 school year.
*School Self-guided Visit online reservations are coming soon. Payment will be required at the time of booking for all online reservations.
School Group Qualifications
- There is a 15-person minimum.
- The school must be an accredited public, private, or home school.
- The school must currently be in session.
- The group must have at least 1 adult for every 10 students.
- Preschool through college groups are welcome.
- There is a maximum of 200 people at the school rate.
- Day care and summer camps do not qualify as school groups.
- We define a chaperone as an individual of at least 19 years and out of high school.
- The Africa Tram is not included with the school admission tickets but can be purchased at a discounted school-group rate of $5 per ticket.
- The Balloon Safari is not included with school admission tickets but can be purchased at the time of check-in. A special discounted ticket of $5 for a five-minute flight is available for school groups only. Tickets may be purchased on site only and are not available for sale in advance.
- School lunches can be ordered at 760-738-5057 after you receive your trip confirmation.
- Parking is free of charge with reservations made two weeks in advance of the visit.
This exciting program enables new parents to practice their parenting skills in a fun, enriching environment that will engage their children. Parenting class students and their children ages 0 through 5 can come to the Park at a discounted rate when accompanied by their class instructor and when in groups of 15 or more. Classes can come to the Park at a ratio of one child per one parent, plus one adult instructor. To register for your trip, please complete the registration form. If you have questions or concerns, please call 760-738-5057.
School Admission Rates
In general, admission is $10 on weekdays, weekends, and holidays for parents, instructors, and children ages 3 through 5. Children 2 and younger are free.
Entrance fees may change, depending on several variables. San Diego County students are free of charge during traditional school days. Schools located outside of San Diego County pay a discounted rate of $10 for each student on traditional school days. All schools pay $10 per student on weekends, holidays/promotional periods, and during the summer. The minimum size of a school group is 15 people. If you are bringing a special-needs class, the minimum group size is 8. We have a maximum of 200 people per school per day. Each individual over the 200-person limit is charged for a full-price ticket. Please check the tickets section of our website for current prices.
Click here to review our calendar for free and fee dates:
Your group must have a minimum of 1 adult for 10 students. The maximum ratio is 1 adult for every 4 students. If you have any special-needs students, we do allow 1 adult for each special-needs student in the group. Please indicate this on the registration form if it applies to your group.
Adults within the maximum ratio are the same price as the students. Adults above the maximum ratio up to and not exceeding the total number of students are $10 each. Adult chaperones are required to stay with their students at all times. If the number of adults exceeds the number of students, each adult over and above the number of students will be charged the full admission price. Please check the tickets section of our website for current prices. Teachers are counted in the total number of adults. The Africa Tram tour is $5 per person in your group if you would like to add it.
Any reservations made within 2 weeks will be charged a $25 late fee. Parking is free of charge with reservations made two weeks in advance of the visit. Buses park for free. School groups without reservations pay regular admission and parking rates.
For additional questions and concerns call 760-738-5057.